Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Five Days Until Race Day!

My deepest apologies for being MIA for so long and not posting anything for over a month. But I have been busy with training, work, and life in general. Lots of things going on as usual with summertime work and fun. And of course training for a half ironman is just slightly time (and energy!) consuming.

So it is now IM 70.3 Newfoundland race week! I rode my bike for the last time in DC before my race. Shannon and I broke down our bikes and packed them into our bike boxes tonight. No more cycling until we are in Newfoundland!

I'm a little nervous and getting more so every day as the race gets closer. Overall, I feel pretty good about this season now. Training has been going well. Lots of long hilly rides and long runs, some completed well, others with challenges, but all completed without too much hardship. I feel good physically and mentally. I have a good race plan, nutrition plan, and pacing strategy. So I just hope everything comes together on race day and not fall apart. :-)

I'm off to Canada on Thursday and will try to be more diligent about keeping the blog up to date, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Nina and Shannon, we are all thinking of you. Heading out to Heidi's mom's place for our last big bike ride. Hope the weather is good up there (it's really hot again today), and best of luck tomorrow!

Nancy