Saturday, May 26, 2007

We're in Austin!


It has been a long day that started at 4:00 am. I finished packing and headed off to the airport to catch a 6:56 am flight to Austin. All the news reports about how packed the airports were going to be this weekend made me extra paranoid, so I got to the airport extra early but the lines were not too bad. The flight was uneventful and we arrived in Austin around lunchtime. We could feel the humidity as soon as we got off the plane. At least it was overcast so the it wasn't hot at all, just a nice early summer day. After checking into the hotel (we have a great view of the city from our room!), we went to Ironworks to grab some authentic Texas BBQ. It was yummy but a lot of food! We then went back to the hotel to put our bikes together and Christine and I went for a quick ride around downtown Austin to test out our bikes. We rode down past the transition area and across the river and back down to the hotel. It was just a quick ride but I can tell that the bike course will be a fun course (if you can survive the crowd). I'm really looking forward to the race on Monday!

No comments: